All party lovers will agree that the adrenaline rush during the party is indescribable. The feeling is pure heaven! Today our article is about how to party with all your might and how to nail it like a pro.
How to be fun at parties
Parties are about a collective experience. Every guest counts. Many people are not that enthusiastic and that is ok. You like being at parties is a different concept than being fun at parties. Even an introvert can like a party but to take over the limelight, you need a next-level persona.
To be fun at parties you need
Right from deciding on your dress to attend the party, prepare yourself. To be fun at parties you need both physical and emotional preparation. Your physical preparation includes
A Proper Dress
Dress up exactly according to the party. If it’s a costume party, choose the character that represents you in every way. Remember that overdressing certainly doesn’t mean “fun”. It just means that you will end up being a clown and that’s totally on you. So pick an appropriate dress. Even a fun dress could be the epitome of grace if chosen wisely.
Once again fellas, putting on accessories and tons of makeup won’t make you look ” good”. Go for fun yet classy accessories. For example at a beach party, just with a choice of sunglasses, you can look cool and fun. If it’s a club party at night put on some neon makeup and lighten up your surroundings.
Your Emotional Preparation Includes
- How well you carry yourself. Wear your confidence and show the crowd, you are worth it!
- Look involved or your shine will fade away. Other people who are also there to enjoy will distance themselves from any person who seems not to give a damn.
- Try to connect with your surroundings.
Focus On Your Communication
What is a party without social interaction? The whole essence is to mix and match in the crowd. For this, you need very good communication skills. People who are good at interacting, tend to enjoy themselves the most. Also, they are the most acceptable personalities because everyone is literally their friend.
Here are a few communication tricks to improve your social interaction
- Try to be witty and smart. Though “Being fun” comes naturally to some people but others need to prepare.
- No matter what is the purpose of the party, a smile is a must. Show your million-dollar smile because it doesn’t only create a good impact on your personality but also lets others mix up with you. This is also a great trick on how to act at a party where you know nobody. A little smile on your face will show that you are ready to talk.
- Don’t stick to a group of people or a certain place. Keep moving and try interacting with most people.
- Try to be helpful. A little chore will not harm you. Being helpful certainly makes you well-accepted in a group of people. They love and respect you.
Make New Friends
Oldies are goldies but a little spontaneous friendship doesn’t hurt. If you are already with friends, invite someone alone and if you are alone, you certainly deserve a party buddy. Here is how to approach someone at a party.
- Make eye contact. Trust us a lot of communication is non-verbal. Look around and you may find what you are searching for. Eye contact also gives a confident image of your personality. However, there is a difference between eye contact and staring.
- Pass a smile. If they smile back. Voila! Go introduce yourself.
- If the person is not looking directly at you. Chances are you are not in their view. Move and try to come in their frame.
- Offer them a drink. Especially if you are at a club. If they accept the offer, the problem is solved!
How do you act cool at a party?
Well, to have fun and all the attention, you need to act cool at a party. To act cool at a party.
- Try to show, you are a one-man army. People are attracted to self-sufficient people. If you know how to party by yourself, you are going to be the center of attention.
- We are bound by societal pressure on how we should portray ourselves. Parties are for fun and that is why you must loosen up a bit. Take off your persona of what society expects from you. Just Be yourself.
- Try something different. Camouflaging is a great technique to be well accepted at parties but to look cool, sometimes you need the opposite. However, don’t overreact or dramatize the situation.
- Look involved. This is the best trick to look cool at the party.
- Initiate and you will be the one with the power. If it’s a club party, be the first one to be on the dance floor. If it’s a karaoke party, be the first one to sing. The first mover advantage will let you control your target audience. Also, it raises the expectations for others making you a benchmark. Yes! This is how you make a party not boring at all.
How do I not be awkward at a party?
Whatever the reason is if you don’t want to feel or be awkward at a party.
- Let go of your fears for this is the first thing that shows on your face. Confidence is sexy. Trust us!
- Try to look calm and relaxed. Even if you don’t want to be there. Hide your facial expressions and put on a fake smile.
- Go with the flow and don’t over-involve yourself in anything.
- If you are feeling nervous, look for a friendly face or go to the host and start communicating with them.
- Act graceful. There is no harm in being friendly or even flirty but being graceful is what leaves a lasting impression.
- If someone does not seem inviting, don’t force yourself. Excuse yourself and leave!
- Don’t be too loud. It attracts negative attention.
So, buddies, we hope now you know how to party and have unlimited fun. Let’s go and Make it all about yourself, high-jack the attention, and steal the limelight!