Clubbing is fun and so is drinking but waking up knowing nothing about yesterday is not fun at all! God knows what papers you signed, whom you drunk called, and with whom you were all night. Ok! Relax! Don’t Panic because we have a secret to how to cure hangover.
How to cure a hangover?
A hangover can affect your routine life badly. So you need to cure it as soon as possible. One needs to be in sense to perform even simple daily chores. For a hangover cure,
First, you need to know what is a hangover and what are the symptom.?
When you drink too much alcohol, it interferes with your body fluids and chemicals. As a result, your body responds and answers the call. So you feel nauseous and dizzy. Some of the common hangover signs and symptoms are
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dizziness and light headed ness
- Feeling Thirsty and having a dry mouth
- Fatigue and weakness
- Anxiety and Sweating
- Stomach pain and muscle aches in the body
- High blood pressure
Many people may not get severe hangover symptoms. Also, the level of a hangover can vary from person to person depending on the amount of alcohol they are consuming and their regular habit of drinking.
To cure a hangover
- Hydrate yourself very well. The first thing that excessive alcohol does to our body is dehydration. We need to stay hydrated to let our bodies perform well. Drink at least 1 glass of water per hour. This will also help you how to fight hangover dizziness. The more you urinate, the more you flush out the excessive ethanol from your body.
- Take electrolytes to keep the balance of body chemicals. This restores your body salts as well as hydration
- As a hangover causes acidity in the stomach, to get rid of a hangover stomach pain take an antacid.
- To get rid of a hangover headache, take a painkiller and good sleep.
- Avoid alcohol to prevent hangovers. There is a myth that drinking more alcohol treats hangovers. They call it “hair of a dog”. Well, sadly there is no magic “hangover cure drink” that can cure a hangover by ingesting more alcohol. You can’t treat the poison with the poison itself. It just delays your hangover cure. Also, it will increase your alcohol intake and alcohol independence.
So to cure a hangover, you need to hydrate yourself and get a good sleep. Also, don’t forget to take a pain reliever and antacids for those headache flashes.
How long does a hangover last?
Hangover takes up to 24 hours and this is a long time! You miss one day of your life to get back to life after celebrating life. That’s unfair!
If you are wondering about how many drinks cause hangovers? Then know that 4-5 glasses of cocktails or alcoholic beverages can cause a hangover. Though some people may get hangover symptoms after two drinks too.
A hangover can be easily treated and usually, it’s not that dangerous. However, it definitely affects your life routine and daily activities as people are unable to focus while having it.
Hangover prevention tricks
Rather than finding a cure, what is best than preventing it at all?
To prevent hangover
- Don’t drink more than the recommended dose of alcohol. One can consume 14 units of alcohol per 7 days. Try to stay within limited alcohol consumption.
- Even don’t make recommended dose a “habit”. It’s better to stay as alcohol-free as you can for the greater good.
- Never consume alcohol empty stomach. This increases acidity and causes stomach aches with hangovers.
- Drink a lot of water between alcohol consumption.
- Even drink water before going to bed.
- Leave alcohol before night. It will help your liver to flush out alcohol from your system faster. A healthy human liver takes one hour to process one unit of alcohol.
Food for a hangover cure
- As hangover causes nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and upset stomach. You need to eat light, easily digestible, and simple food.
- Eat BRAT (banana, rice, applesauce, toast)
- Citrus fruit like oranges, lemons, and grapefruits are good hangover cure food. They keep your body’s electrolytes in balance.
- Melons, apricots, watery fruits, and leafy green veggies are good sources of hydration.
- Try eating sugar. Hangover causes low blood sugar. Food like chocolate and sugar can cause blood sugar levels to rise and thus reduce vomiting and nauseous feeling.
- Take multivitamins.
- To get rid of hangover dizziness and headache try ibuprofen.
How to get rid of a hangover at work?
Work can’t be delayed but hangover doesn’t care. First, try not getting over drunk at night before work. Consider drinking alcohol when the next day is a holiday or you are on vacation. (If you are planning a vacation, we recommend Club 16 for the finest drinks and amazing party experience)
But, if you had a party last night, the only thing you can do is take yourself out of the bed and don’t give your boss a reason to scold you.
Try these instant remedies to get rid of hangovers at work
- Peppermint is a very good food to eliminate nausea. Try peppermint tea or peppermint juice.
- Massage gently on a forehead with lavender essential oils. It calms down your nerves and helps to get rid of hangover fog.
- Try chocolate or chocolate milk.
- A simple glass of milk is very effective to eliminate hangover symptoms.
- After drinks, take multivitamins and aspirin before going to bed if you have to go to work the next day.
- Drink lemon soda.
- Eat something oily before drinking. It will reduce alcohol absorption in the stomach.
- Drink water, electrolytes, and a lot of fluids
- Take a good shower before going to work.
The Hangover withdrawal symptoms
Hangover withdrawal symptoms are the same as alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Alcohol is hard on the body. It messes up your chemical balance and organ functioning and damages your body tissues. When you drink alcohol, the body takes time to heal and work again.
Hangover withdrawal symptoms can include
- Faster heart rate
- Increased Irritability
- Restlessness and
In the end, don’t stop yourself from partying. Just stay within safe boundaries to avoid any regrettable consequences. Try our tips on how to cure a hangover and feel free to thank us later.